Running For Their Thoughts - Week 3, Full Version


The running continues!!


I'm pretty sure the runs are supposed to get easier but this week was definitely a challenge.  Perhaps it was the heat.  (Or the reality that I do have a very busy day job too haha).  But it was still worth it.


I was humbled and excited to have four colleagues join me on the run.  Two were gentlemen I had just met and heard about the run and wanted to join. 


Oh, and I have definitely gotten on the good side of the Vesuvius dogs.  One in particular -- which I've unofficially named "Pickles" joined us for 5 MILES and ran along!!! 


At the top, as before, I took a few minutes to talk about FTD.  I summarize the beginning--when we realized things were off. 


You can read more about this the blog post "The Beginning - Part I."  - http://pennyfortheirthoughts.blogspot.it/2013/03/post-3-first-signs-part-i.html


I realized on the volcano, that talking about it my mom's journey will be harder than I realized.  It will open up emotions and memories I've set aside...


But I have no regrets.  Zero. 


Dementia is an epidemic that needs more attention and research.  I want to provide the best future for my nieces and nephews and that means minimizing the risk of them going through what we went through with my mom. 


Thank you for your support.


The Halls


campaign to raise awareness and raise $100,000 for a cure for FTD - frontotemporal Dementia.   All proceeds go to BluefieldProject based at UCSF.  We all seem to know someone with dementia. Let's change that for the next generation. Please share on twitter, Facebook, etc.

No comments: